The evolution of the legendary Whippet self-arrest pole, featuring 3-section packability and rugged carbon fiber lowers. The 2019 Black Diamond Carbon Whippet Self-Arrest Ski Pole is lighter weight, packs down smaller and offers a better swing than its all aluminum brother. Great for lightweight enthusiasts and split-boarders, the Carbon Whippet offers peace of mind on steep descents or icy boot packs. The Black Diamond Carbon Whippet lends a new level of packability.
Built for steep terrain that demands extra traction, the two piece Carbon Whippet is the ultimate ski mountaineering tool. The removable steel pick adds security for steep, icy bootpacks and no-fall descents, and can transition into an adjustable ski pole for backcountry runs.
- Dual FlickLock Pro adjustability and security
- Detachable stainless steel pick with canard wing built into a dual-density touring grip
- ClickLock Dial secure pick to pole when it's time to climb
- Grip insert for ski mode
- Touring Series strap with lightweight webbing and plastic ladder-lock buckle
- Carbon lower shaft keeps the pole light and surprisingly durable
- Indexed 3/4 powder basket; 4 in (100 mm)
- .71 in (18 mm) aluminum upper, .63 in (16 mm) carbon fiber mid and .55 in (14 mm) carbon fiber lower
- Sold individually
Usable Length: 39-55 in (100-140 cm)
Collapsed Length: 27 in (68 cm)
Weight: 15 oz (425 g)
FlickLock Pro is the evolution of Black Diamond's trusted FlickLock design. The benefits that made their classic FlickLock design the best pole-locking mechanism on the market remain: it’s secure, fast and easy to use. The Pro’s new low-profile, stainless steel design, however, provides a dramatic improvement in quality, feel and clamping force.